Old March 7th 12, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

Default Liability Insurance for a Winch Operation?

On Mar 6, 3:42*pm, GM wrote:
On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 12:51:55 PM UTC-5, Randy wrote:
We are planning to add a winch operation at our airport (H71)
in the eastern Oklahoma area. If you are operating a winch,
what are you doing for liability insurance? How much are you
paying?

Thanks for your time!

Randy Teel
Tulsa, OK

I would be interested to learn what it is the winch insurance covers. Does anyone have that definition?

I would be interested in "hull coverage", there is an investment to be
protected from theft or fire.
I would be interested in liability to the glider, a winch failure at a
critical time could result in loss of a glider.
I would be interested in liability to a person, caught with the rope,
hit by a glider during launch, operator hurt if a broken line
penetrates the crew area.