Old October 25th 03, 05:49 AM
Dashii

"kallijaa" wrote in message
You are out of touch with modern flight simming.

Well, I haven't upgraded to FS9 and my crappy old computer doesn't sport a
2Ghz cpu, so maybe.

A lot of simmers now have several monitors that not only display the
left/right view but the left/right up, top/down, front/back, up/down

views.

A welcome improvement enjoyed by an insignificant few.

You seem to be resistant to change as many old timers are but as surround
"vision" systems are developed and costs reduced, millions of simmers will
be enjoying it.

There is also an IR device that tracks the outside views as you move

your
head.

I also like the germ of that idea

Good! That's a start.

Many like myself also have top quality yokes and rudder pedals/brakes,

mine
is a Precision Flight Control system.

I also use GoFlight instruments.

How delightful for you, and how tiresome for the rest of us.

Tiresome for you maybe but many enjoy having good equipment to use.

Flying airplanes is a hobby much like sailing, bicycling, hang gliding,
mountain climbing, flight simming, swimming, etc.

There are professional pilots just like there are professional sailors,
cyclists, etc.

Tell your CFI that you are approaching flight as a hobby, and so are
unconcerned with flight safety.

I don't approach any hobby being "unconcerned with" safety. I will be as
safe in my aviation hobby as I am in my other hobbies.

Get it out of your head that you are somehow elite and seperate from

someone
that doesn't fly airplanes, you are not.

Alas, your teeming with a lot of news about fancy personal flight
simulators, but lack omniscience.

But you don't?

Anyone with several thousand dollars to spend can get a private pilot
certificate.

Thanks for the revealing insight. Counterfeit certificates are less
expensive and perhaps your only option.

Is that how you got your's? Paid someone to take the exams for you?

I may and then again I may not.

Milton Friedman would be proud.

Never did like that guy.

Let the paint dry and you may yet get out of that corner! G

Dashii

Curses!! Foiled again by Dashii!!!.

Hang in there, your are bound to get better.

Dashii