Old May 3rd 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Airparks...

("Tri-Pacer" wrote)
Wow an airpark that has its CC&Rs written by the noise Nazis

Good place to avoid

Maybe the airpark can't avoid the non-airpark neighbors. Then it might be a
wise thing to have that early morning noise abatement policy written-in
....to help keep the peace, so to speak.

They guy who built the Lino (Lakes) Airpark ALSO built the surrounding
development of houses. Lino Airpark is "somewhat" protected that way. g

Lino Airpark (MY18) is in the northern part of the Twin Cities, MN (near the
Lino Lakes Prison & the I-35 "split")

http://www.corr.state.mn.us/facilities/linolakes.htm
Here's the prison - so you know what you're looking at in Google Earth.
North is to the right in the photo. Airpark is about 1mile north of the
prison. It's an (east-west) grass strip.

THANK YOU GOOGLE EARTH!!!
[Although I don't know how to post a link]
Lino Airpark (Don't type this in)

45° 11' 14" N 93° 7' 50" W.
(Simply copy/paste these coordinates into the "e.g. New York, NY" box in
Google Earth)

Montblack
We've come close to buying an empty (Airpark) "runway lot" over there -
twice!! My insurance guy snapped up one of the few remaining lots, last
year. Snooze you loose I guess! Google Earth picture was taken well before
the "West End" was opened up for more Airpark lots. Those have since been
sold.

Anoka County-Blaine Airport (ANE) is southwest, maybe 4 miles. Downtown Mpls
is 22 miles on southbound I-35W. Freeway runs next to the prison.

Our car is in our driveway at:
45° 08' 38.27" N 93° 15' 39.64" W
Might be me on the right side of the car - waving. Can't tell. White dot's
too blurry. Heck, I'm not even sure if that's our car - again, too blurry.
It is our driveway.