Old June 2nd 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Nothing good about Ethanol

"Bob Noel" wrote:

"Dan Luke" wrote:

Those kinds of questions also apply to the exploration for and extraction
of
oil, the transportation and refining of crude, and the transportaton of
gasoline. It takes energy to make energy; this is not news. Also,
gasoline
has enormous hidden costs related to our (U. S.) international efforts,
military and otherwise, to maintain the security of imported oil sources.

The same military is used to protect the land and people who would
grow corn for ethanol.

....and everything else *at home*. But how much extra expense do we entail
because we must protect our foreign oil supply?

I seriously doubt we would be at war with terrorism instigated mostly by
Arabs if imported oil were not a vital national interest that has required a
military presence in the Middle East for decades. The cost of Homeland
Security and the campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan should count in the price
of gasoline, IMO.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM