Old June 9th 19, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Oxygen Tank for Schleicher ASW 27 or 28

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 6:46:31 PM UTC-7, Scott Williams wrote:
On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 7:43:11 PM UTC-5, Todd Laguna wrote:
Scott Williams;990244 Wrote:
On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 3:21:32 PM UTC-5, Discus 44 wrote:-
I am looking for a replacement Qxygen cylinder for my ASW 28. It is
the weird one almost the same size as a "D" bottle but smaller in
diameter 4.125 inches and 16.5 inches long. Mine is stamped DOT-3AA2015
REE16.6 Which is the cubic ft capacity.-

The luxfer M15A (OS415T)advertised here will fit.
http://tinyurl.com/y26ds6e4

Scott, do you have any input on the Luxfer carbon composite cylinders
working in aviation use, i.e. gliders? They appear to be medical O2
bottles, but I don't know if that makes a difference. The dimensions of
the OS415T, at 4" diameter, just could work in my LS-4. I'm searching
for a light-weight bottle.

Best Regards,

Todd

--
Todd Laguna

I believe (not claiming divine awareness)General Aviation O2 cylinders used in the U.S. are regulated by the U.S. Department of transportation. if you buy or use a cylinder the responsible authority is D.O.T, I have bought and used these Luxfer cylinders in my glider after passing a hydro test. these luxfer cylinders are amazingly light and have a reasonable capacity. the downside is the 15 year max life. check with your A.I. or A&P (standard or experimental)
I'm holding one in my hand filled to 2200 psi, it weighs 4 lbs 3.9 ounces
Good luck

Eastern Sailplane used to always have a stock of )2 cylinders that fit. Have you tried Eastern or Williams?