Old December 9th 03, 09:45 PM
Ivan Kahn

Here is the link to the report Tony posts on the wall each morning:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/reno/RNOSRGREV.htm

Ivan

Call Tony at www.soarminden.com for updates.
I called him four times for the past three weeks
and it seemed there was wave from 25-30,000+ about
half the time, with 10 knots+.

Dr. Jack's had Minden with
http://www.drjack.net/WINDIP/krno.txt
and there were some days of 300mb 110kts, 700mb 45 knots,
AWOS 7 knots. These corresponded with the higher
30K+ flights (well, within a day of them anyway).

So it looks like the winter fronts brought some sierra
wave, and even may have cooked up some lukewarm thermals
at Avenal (I wasn't there, but the forecast surprised
me yesterday). Sure would be nice to check these things out
in person...instead of WORKING!