Old August 30th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Default Hawker vs. Glider Midair - with photo!

Stefan wrote:
Ron Natalie schrieb:

What we apparently have here (from preliminary data) is a massive
failure of see-and-avoid on the behalf of both parties.

Agreed. But, while no glider pilot I know would insist on his right: The
glider had the right of way.

Who the hell said anything about right of way here. Both aircraft have
a duty to see and avoid. The category preference only applies to
aircraft converging from other than head on (apply directly to the
forehead). I'm sure the NTSB will give study as to what the actual
tracks were and what the visual vantages were from both ships.