Old July 9th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ernest Christley

Default Flexible exhaust tubing

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing. Mild steel is
acceptable. I want to use it for a model of the headers of a tuned exhaust
for my 0320 Lycoming engine that I have mounted in my Baby Belle helicopter.
The idea is to have 4 equal length pieces attached to exhaust flanges bolted
to the cylinders, arrange the 4 pieces to intercept the 4-into-1 collector,
coat the tubing with epoxy resin so that the shape is maintained and then
present these pieces to be copied by the exhaust bender.

Stu

Nylon hose is cheaper. Shape it to where you want it, drill a 1/4" hole every few inches and pump it full of
Great-Stuff spray foam.

PVC tubing will also form fairly well if you warm it up good with a heat gun.