Old October 12th 05, 05:52 AM
Eric Greenwell

I had a similar problem when I was flying a Ventus B. If help was
available, having someone push down on the nose distorted the fuselage
just enough to allow the canopy to close without too much trouble. I
tried the sanding route too with little improvement.
Between heat and humidity you can have some significant expansion in
materials. Most canopies are made from a material that is hygroscopic
and if you move your glider from a dry climate to a wet/humid one, you
can count on seeing and feeling the effects.
The forward hinged canopies seem to tolerate these effects better.
Respectfully,

Keeping the canopy closed and latched all the time seems to help.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA