Old January 26th 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

Default What do you think of mandatory FLARM at Uvalde?

On Jan 26, 3:43*pm, peter deane wrote:
Whether Dale is driving it or not, the rental pool remains a viable
option for encouraging use of, without resorting to mandate, at the
WGC.

Perhaps our WGC organizing team might consider this as an option and
discuss ways of doing this with the PowerFlarm folks.

2T

Someplace (not sure where I read it, maybe on gliderpilot.org) I read
that Sam Zimmerman was taking over the Flarm Fund. I believe quite
a few people had ordered (or planned to order) extra units in order to
populate the fund.
I'm not sure where that ended up once Dale pulled out. I had pledged
some cash towards the effort but we've missed the initial ordering
deadline without me hearing anything more.

-- Matt