Old December 8th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alpha Propellerhead

Default NTSB crash report, autopsy report- Stevie Ray Vaughan

That concert was a two night double-header. *My wife and I attended
the first one.

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, and Robert Cray, were all on the same
stage. *

I'd stopped listening to the blues and given the whole genre up as
completely recycled 1-4-5 cliche nonsense...

....until I saw the video of SRV playing "Little Wing" live in Memphis.
Having played guitar for over 20 years, that still just knocks me
out. The tired, cliche stuff they played on the radio never did him
justice.

Buddy Holly, Van Zant, Randy Rhoads, SRV... I liked what Dennis
Leary said: Why can't it ever be a planeload of heroin junkies and
Motley Crue types who are all going to die or kill somebody else
anyway?