Old July 22nd 18, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Silent Skies

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 9:17:00 AM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
I know AOPA and others are pushing to get some compensation to affected airports.

I've read that some sort of proposal along those lines has been
included in some sort of budget bill. But that would still have
to make it's way through both houses of Congress, and get signed
by the President. And then it would no doubt take a lot of time
to get the procedures and bureaucracy set up. And it wouldn't do
the glider clubs any good at all.

Anyway, some financial compensation would be nice, but it really
wouldn't make up for being stuck on the ground when what we really
want to do is FLY.

Jim Beckman