Old April 8th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Woodstock Glider

On Apr 7, 3:03 pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:
I believe theWoodstockhas an aerodynamic twist that allows the tip
stall later (slower) then the root. I believe the airfoil was derived
from the Gother 549 (modified by Erv Culver) then it blends into USA
35B at the tip. I flew the prototype and it didn't have a tip stall.
JJ

wrote:
Thanks Guys

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no washout in this design is
there?

I'm looking at the plans, and there is no Washout, that I can detect,
which is why I'm asking.
The spar cutouts are exactly the same relative position on all the
foil profiles, with no twisting.
I am also an Aerospace Engineer, been working mostly mechanical for
the last 8 years so my aerospace brain has cobwebs, but I do know how
to read a drawing, my guess is it was this way for ease of
construction.
I'll re-read the assembly manual again.
I scanned sheet one of the 13M drawings and have the foils now in a
DWG format.
What I'll do is use Pro/E to loft between foil 1 and 20, then insert
each foil from 1 to 20 at station, then generate cross sections at
each station to see if they all meet up.