Old April 24th 16, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
N97MT

Default Flight review required?

2 - Successfully pass a proficiency check in the 2-33 with another instructor to the Light Sport Glider PTS and get the appropriate logbook endorsement and signature on the 8710-11.

Who is the PIC during the Sport Pilot proficiency check? Is it the applicant or the check instructor?

If the applicant is the PIC, he will need a Flight Review before doing this, because according to the Beard interpretation, he needs a Flight Review before acting as PIC.

I too would like to hear from a DPE or FSDO on this.

BTW no one has mentioned the FAA Wings Program in lieu of a Flight Review. I think that is the cryptic "For questions, and to discuss possible approaches for dealing with this, please contact SSA Chairman Ken Sorenson at " on the SSA page.

So I would also like to hear someone comment here about the FAA Wings Program path to clear the air on this.

Burt????? Please chime in Sir!