Old August 18th 16, 12:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

Default Farewell Karl Kretschmer

At 10:01 18 August 2016, wrote:
http://designtekk.com/photos/Karl-KK.jpg

My father-in-law, Karl Kretschmer, passed away peacefully this

evening
afte=
r a number of years of declining health.

Karl was 91 years old and had a wonderful life flying around the

world as
a=
career Pan AM flight engineer =E2=80=93 he actually lived the

golden age
o=
f aviation.

Many of you older pilots in the soaring community probably

remember Karl
wh=
en he was campaigning his then state-of-the art LS-1 (the original

=E2=80=
=98KK=E2=80=99) at Region I and II meets.

Karl was also a very active member of Aero Club Albatross for

decades =E2=
=80=A6 and always hand-crafted the ACA =E2=80=98Blue

Max=E2=80=99 award
for=
the best member soaring achievement of the season.

Karl will be missed by his family =E2=80=A6 and everyone in the

soaring
com=
munity who ever knew this kind and helpful man.

Godspeed KiloKilo

My sympathies. He was a real nice guy. I have great memories of
him, Denny, and Bob flying their Ka-8 at Mt. Washington in the late
1960's....