Old January 18th 21, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared?

TOM THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR UNQUALIFIED POLITICAL OPINIONS ON A MOTHER ****ING SOARING GROUP. SINCE YOU SEEMS TO BE AN EXPERT ON ALL
I INVITE YOU TO CONSIDER WHAT WOULD BE THE APPROPRIATE TOPICS FOR "RECREATION SOARING" NEWSGROUP. BTW, google groups established different groups by subject, os if it was good enough for them, it is good enough for us to adhere to said policies.

All of us

On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 2:25:15 PM UTC-8, 2G wrote:
On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 12:56:22 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Tom - you need to go easier on your CAPS LOCK key or you're going to break it.

QAnon and Breitbart conspiracy theory stories notwithstanding the actual priorities for administering vaccines are set by state public health organizations, in some cases based on guidelines set by CDC (not NIH, where Fauci works). There is a committee (AICP) appointed by the HHS Secretary that makes the recommendation. I checked, Fauci isn't on it. Here's the link: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/members/index.html

Certainly the CDC over-estimated the ability of the supply chain - particularly at the state level - to manage administering vaccines based on a complex prioritization scheme. But never fear, the incoming Biden administration is pushing (even before taking office) to set aside the priorities to ensure the that every dose get used on someone. So, more competent management is on the way with a more sensible approach - led by (drum roll) Anthony Fauci.

Oh the irony.

Andy
9B

Thread drift complete
On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 12:47:30 PM UTC-8, 2G wrote:
On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 11:10:48 AM UTC-8, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Gregg Ballou wrote on 1/13/2021 9:59 AM:
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:02:24 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 6:17:31 PM UTC-8, Gregg Ballou wrote:

I agree Fauci is beyond wrong and probably acting with malice.
P.S.
Back to originally scheduled thread programming from two levels of thread drift. In my boredom stuck at home I keep ordering soaring gear in the hope that one day I'll get to use it. Hopefully our soaring vendors are keeping above water.

9B
He did so great with AZT among other failures. Fly like it is 2019 or stay home.

It appears Fauci was (and is) supported by the people that needed AZT [HIV drug]. We do not
benefit by attacking those that are helping:

“Ever since the 1990 demonstration, we’ve been partners in fighting illnesses and diseases, and
our enemies now are hesitant politicians and anti-science radio hosts,” he [Staley] said. “We
are now Fauci’s great defenders against the anti-science. And the world is better for it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...h-coronavirus/

--
Eric Greenwell
Fauci IS NOT helping us by lying to us. I didn't ask him to lie - he did that all on his own. His credibility is shredded as a result. On top of that we have politicians reaching way beyond their legal authority to not only run our lives, but, in come cases, to literally kill us. Now they are demonstrating their incompetence by not inoculating people with a vaccine IN HAND (less than 35% has actually been used of the 25 million doses delivered to the states). Perfectly good vaccine doses are been THROWN AWAY by these nincompoops out of fear of government retribution. Then, they come back with the plea "Trust us, we will do better." I am with Missourians: show me.

Tom

If you are looking for competence out of the Biden administration I think you are going to be sadly disappointed. Biden's management expertise amounts to running a Senate office. His COVID relief plan contained nothing that hadn't already been done. I think it will take the involvement of public and private companies, who are competent at efforts of this scale, to break the logjam. I listened to the CEO (sorry for the CAPS LOCK) of Honeywell talk about how Honeywell and other companies have started working on such a plan.

BTW, our founding fathers used upper case, so if it was good enough for them, it is good enough for me.

Tom