Old March 17th 21, 09:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Douglas Richardson

Default The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue?

Yes the Germans are subsidising glider pilot training and I think I know why.

When the treaty of Versailles prevented the training of military pilots in Germany following WW1, Germany got around this by forming very many gliding clubs and training pilots so that in WW2 they had people who could fly planes.

During the Brexit campaign, the then prime minister David Cameron warned that Brexit could lead to WW3, and I think he's right!
The Germans are training future pilots to fly k13's in preparation for when they invade Britain.

Somebody tell the CIA!