Old August 31st 05, 03:46 PM
Jim Burns

We all hear ya Jay. Alot of the damage is from flooding and thats
"NOT" covered under a homeowners policy but from the Feds. How much do
ya want to bet the Ins companies will be crying poor mouth and wanting
to raise premiums tomorrow.

We were just talking about that with our insurance agent this morning.
Obviously, some of the area is in a flood zone, so no insurance company
other than the FEDs will cover flood damage. But a lot of the damage, such
as blown out windows, roof damage, and water damage due to rain, isn't
caused from the flood. So these people will have to fight with their
adjusters over what is covered and what isn't, so there still will be huge
claims filed and the insurance companies will be crying poor mouth and will
raise premiums.

I think that would be the worst part. I think I could actually handle my
house being destroyed better than I could handle having to fight with the
insurance adjuster over what part was from the flood and what part was from
wind/rain.

Jim