Old May 1st 04, 12:31 AM

Roy Smith wrote:

Anyway, GPS is wonderful. We just punched in "Nearest ARTCC", and tried
Boston Center on the frequency that popped up. Nothing we couldn't have
done by flipping through charts and the AFD, but so much easier! They
heard us loud and clear, and when we explained what happened, the
controller quickly got us a frequency for NY Approach which worked just
fine.

Once someone figures out how to use all that invaluable data, it becomes
more than just a great navigation device. I am sure you will place emphasis
on all those NRST goodies to your students.