Old September 30th 03, 12:26 AM
Mike Dennis

I don't think the image shows any aspect of "area rule". It looks more like
relatively thick wings with a serious anhedral. This still doesn't lend any
credence to the drawing's authenticity--I don't know either.

"Vaughn" wrote in message

"robert arndt" wrote in message
m...

The EMW A6 does bear a strong
resemblence to the X-15 though in basic configuration...

In the same way that most every airplane resembles all other

airplanes.

What dose not ring true about the drawing is that the fuze is
beautifully "area-ruled". That is, the fuze is made smaller where the

wings
and tail attach in an attempt to keep the total area constant. I was

under
the impression that the "area rule" came from postwar research. Am I

wrong?

Vaughn

Rob