Old October 26th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

Default Zaon XRX and a Garmin 496

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
That is *really* cool.

If I lived in a higher traffic area, I'd seriously be considering
adding it to our panel-docked 496.

Of course, the other problem is where to put the Zaon. To make it
perfect, you would remotely mount it somewhere, and feed the 496 with
their $75 cable...which is probably way too short.

My area of ops tends to be like a beehive and it became all too apparent
with the recent midair. Although...it *has* been almost 15 years since the
last one...

The other technical issue is that I'd like to panel mount the 496 and
integrate it with the Garmin 430. That makes the wiring a bit dicey since
they use the same port.

Marco