Old June 6th 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default auto pilot v hand fly

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:33:32 -0700 (PDT), a wrote:

An interesting thing I have not really
figured out is that from both wings full to one wing half full (I burn
15ish gallons from my take off tank which holds 33 gallons the
airplane does not take on a serious deviation from wings level. That's
a bunch of foot pounds of moment change, but there it is.

the weight of 15 gallons compared to the weight of your aircraft isnt
much.

dihedral is the answer to the puzzlement. it changes the length of
your wings to compensate.

Stealth Pilot