Old June 16th 04, 04:25 AM
Dave S

I bought that 100 dollar dingus a year ago and it works great.. it also
doesnt involve having to remove your headset to USE the HF cell
speaker/mike. Using that 100 dollar dingus also allows me to use the ANR
feature of my headset to overcome airplane noise.. I also can use that
dingus to (so ive been told) record intercom traffic on tape/dvr/videocam.

And.. to address legalities.. I've been told the letter of the law
applies to airborne use of ANALOG cellular phones? Does anyone know
specific chapter and verse of the FCC regs that spell this out, and does
it INCLUDE or EXCLUDE digital/later generation phones such as PCS which
do not confuse/saturate the cell towers when they are used up at altitude

Dave

Elwood Dowd wrote:
Thanks for the note. I spent about $100 for a dingus that connects the
cell to an intercom, it sounds like this works just as well for about
$75 less!

(Legal wrangling aside, of course... I'm sure you only call using 1.9GHz
frequencies anyway)

Mike Noel wrote:

Just thought I would pass this experience along to the group:

I had been able to accomplish this a couple of times by throttling
back to
about 2000 RPM and slipping off my headphones. This weekend I discovered
that the reception and transmission is quite good if you use a hands free
headset with a dangling microphone. With the ear bud in your ear and the
microphone inside the ear cup, the sidetone drives the phone's mike just
fine.