Old June 30th 04, 04:44 AM
Martin Hellman

Stewart Kissel wrote in message news:
Well I suppose those that have a problem with Klaus
Ohlman flying a self-launcher in the Andes, can go
apes--t over this

Hopefully people will move from putting down one kind of soaring over
another and pull together to help keep the sport alive -- in its many
forms.

One other point about a motor glider in the Andes on long flights.
They fly so high for so long that the engine is useless for a relight.
I heard from the Stemme factory mechanic that accompanied them a
couple of years ago that the oil is so congealed that, if they landed
out, they had to let the ship sit over night before they dared try to
start it again.

Martin