Old July 6th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
J.Kahn

Default Welding: Recovering from a poor joint.

mhorowit wrote:
On Jul 5, 10:19 am, " wrote:
On Jul 5, 6:23 am, mhorowit wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions how this might be made to go smoother? -

Wellll.... no. :-)

-R.S.Hoover

Hey Bob - good to hear from you. Sometimes "things" just fall into
place and I get such a smooth seam I just amaze myself; othertimes (as
they say in the UK) it looks like dog's breakfast. The good news is
that I can recognize when things arn't going right and I stop. - MikeH

My welding improved tremendously when I bought a pair of maximum
strength reading glasses, way stronger than I need normally. Being able
to see the weld really close makes a huge difference. I can spot the
potential defects as they're forming and prevent them.

John