Old May 5th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Annual overdue by a few days

On May 4, 9:48 am, Larry wrote:
Am I allowed to fly my plane to a near by airport in order to complete
the aircraft annual even if it is a few days after annual due date? In
other words annual was done on 4/29/07 and now we are into May. What
do I need to do to get permission and how long can this extension be.
Would this be different than a "Ferry Flight" limited to 10hrs.
Or......Thanks

Larry

For us Canadians, CAR 615.86 says this:

"(a) As applicable to the type of aircraft, at intervals not to expire
later than the last day of the 12th month, following the preceding
inspection, Part I and Part II of the Maintenance Schedule detailed in
Appendix B of these standards are approved by the Minister for use on
other than large aircraft, turbine-powered pressurized aeroplanes,
airships, any aeroplane or helicopter operated by a flight training
unit under CAR 406, or any aircraft operated by air operators under
CAR Part VII."

So, If I read that right, the annual for a privately-
registered aircraft must take place by the last day of the 12th month
following the last inspection. Therefore, an annual that last occurred
on, say, 12th May '07 must next be done by 31 May '08. Right?
Maybe the FARs have something similar.

Dan