Old January 30th 17, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default Thoughts on panel upgrade?

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 12:59:46 PM UTC-8, Paul wrote:
Thanks for all the input! I'm really glad to hear my vario should still be able to function OK (not hobbled by old pressure transducers or slow CPU).

My Kobo isn't tied to the vario, but I'm going to look into doing that, as waremark mentioned. The odd vertical thing is a G meter, by the way. The dash speaker is inop, there's a speaker in back, so that space is available. I think I'll just paint, label and maybe rearrange (thx for the suggestions, ND) the panel, and leave well enough alone... for now!

For your second soaring season, these guys are putting you on the right track: Clean up the existing panel and connect the Kobo to the Cambridge stuff.. There are adapters/cables to connect your GPS-NAV (the box the L-NAV and square Cambridge display connect to) to Oudie, I assume Kobo is essentially the same as Oudie.
Try to move the radio up so you can easily see what you're adjusting, less workload if you're landing out. Where the speaker is/was?
Jim