Old December 5th 05, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.misc

Default The need for original documents, N-reg aircraft?

Andrew Koenig wrote:

Because the AD had not been complied with, the flight was in
violation of FARs and the insurance was not valid. I am pretty sure that
held up. So why would you think that an insurer would ignore something like
required documents not being carried?

Not equivalent at all. Failure to comply with an AD makes the aircraft
unairworthy. Every insurance policy I've had contains a clause that coverage
will be denied if the aircraft is unairworthy at the time of an accident. No
policy that I've had contained any clause about denying coverage if the FARs
were violated.

So, yes. The insurer would ignore something like required documents not being
carried.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.