Old August 15th 15, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Default SSA responds to ANPRM

I did my part Docket Number FAA-2015-2147 now do yous

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitC...2015-2147-0001

I find and opinion that the requirement for ads b out for gliders to be prohibitivly expensive and not as effective as you might think. With over 1050 hrs logged cross country flights over 10,000' in the USA NAS I find that the exposure to other VFR or IFR traffic to be minimal if not nil. The cost to equip glider that fly over 10,000' / 2500' above terrain will destroy this activity/sport. Please consider the exposure versus the actual accident rate in the past 15-20 years as minimal if not negligible.

N43MD