Old June 7th 04, 10:55 PM
Sammy

Thanks. Anyone elese out there? Can I get any shade at North LV?

wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:51:47 GMT, "Sammy" wrote:

Hi guys, I'm seeking a little advice from you Las Vegas locals.
I'm going to be traveling to Las Vegas, from Illinois, this August and

want
to fly my Quickie Q-200. I have been there before, but not in the dead

of
summer.
What can I expect?

Sammy, I'll step up for this one, since nobody else did. I've not
flown in there private but have flown in commercial in July (end of
the month) and man-o-man, it IS HOTHOTHOT!

Way over 100 during the day and never below till way late in the early
AM (like maybe, if you're lucky, by morning).

I don't know what the DA would be but, comfort level, unless your
Quickie has AC, would be REALLY bad, if not in the melted airplane
realm.

Shade might be very hard to find also, unless you can get hangar space
(unlikely, from what I gather, unless for a stiff fee) Which airport
would you plan on using? Might be a good idea to check with North
Vegas and Henderson, maybe out at Boulder also..

Just a few thoughts from a non-pilot who will try to stay away from
there from July through October..

Wayne Sagar
All Aviation FlightLine OnLine
http://aafo.com/