Old August 21st 03, 02:39 PM
Jay Todd

(David Sieber) wrote in message . com...
Amongst the Soaring Communitity does anyone have experience with Sun
Tiger sunglasses. I saw the ad in Soaring and wanted to cut through
the ad-hype. I would appreciate comments concerning the quality of
them filling prescriptions.

Thanks in Advance.

D. Sieber

David,

I also bought the Sun Tiger's though in my case it was just at the
beginning of the season this year. I had the progressive lenses made
and have found that the quality of the perscription was every bit as
good as both my clear and shaded sunglass perscriptions have been. As
others have said, the color shift takes a bit of getting used to but I
found that I made the change pretty easily. Picking out clouds, other
traffic and even thermals with slight amounts of dust that I could not
otherwise see, has become a breeze. I have also found that after a
full day of flying I don't have that slight headache caused by the
squinting that I always did even with a pretty dark sunglass. Lastly,
I like that fact that the glasses are not polorized. I don't get the
spots on my canopy that I used to see and since I was one of the folks
that bought a Cambridge 302 with the polorized glass that was 90
degrees out from normal, now I can actually see the instrument face
without performing contortions in the cockpit. Go for it - it's not
hype.

Jay Todd
3D