Old November 14th 03, 01:53 PM
Thomas Borchert

Tom,

AvWeb and a few others?

Show me. Just one quote. I am quite sure you won't find it.

And that's because tada!: The statement is just wrong! The aircraft
doesn't "lack spin recovery", whatever that's supposed to mean. No one
knows if more conventional recovery methods work, because the testing
for certification of those methods hasn't been done. It's not that
Cirrus tried those, they didn't work and then they went for the chute -
as the OP implies. Rather, they went for the chute directly and got the
FAA to accept that as the certified spin recovery method. And then they
didn't ever test other methods - why would they, with one certifiable
method proven?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)