Old July 12th 19, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Successful Winch Launch Operations from Public UseMunicipal/County Airports

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 4:01:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Good day,

I'm looking for successful Commercial/Club Operators winch launching gliders from small Public Use Municipal/County Airports. I want to understand how you're successfully working with GA Power pilots and Public Servants to run your winch-glider operation.

Please let's keep the "power and gliders don't mix" and "winch and GA traffic don't mix" comments to low rumble so those folks who are successfully working with our GA and Public Servants partners can speak up.

Respectfully,
Richard Starke
five seven one 379 0139

There is a successful commercial 'winch only' operation on Dillingham Field, HI.
The Carolina Soaring Association operates their winch off of a busy county airport with mixed traffic ranging from biz-jets to ultralights to gyro-planes. Communication is key!

Uli
'AS'