Old January 20th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_5_]

Default Cherokee 235 vs Trinidad vs Comanche

That was my experience also. And I flew my 182 often alone with the cg
pretty far forward. If I trimmed for 80 MPH I found that after dropping
flaps 40, the force required to flare was not bad at all. Definitely
attainable with two fingers.

My experience as well - and I've been flying mine for 29 years now. I
have found, though, that it is easier to get a smooth landing if you
use only 30 degrees of flap. So I reserve 40 for when I really need it
(not often).

I'm wondering if there is a difference between older and newer 182s (I
fly a B model). I frankly don't know what
these guys are talking about.

David Johnson