Old August 26th 11, 07:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Outstanding Soaring: California Mojave, Owens Valley, Western NV- Fri-Sun 08/26-28

On Aug 25, 5:45*pm, WaltWX wrote:
Take a look Dr Jack...

Outstanding soaring weather Fri through Sun. *Lift rates 700-800fpm
average... much stronger in those 10 per cent...

It's a toss up between Fri and Sunday. *The Mojave Desert, Owens
Valley and Western NV show full cu coverage bases 15,500 to 17,500. It
appears to be dry enough that only isolated thunderstorms will form in
the normal "hot spots". *Early trigger times also.

I reviewed Dr Jack this afternoon with a long ago crew of mine, John
Halcrow. *For Crystalaire, the pattern on Friday looks as good as I've
ever seen it. *BL (thermal) max heights 17,500msl (of course cloud
bases will limit altitudes to a little lower).

I'm coming back out Saturday to give my 750 km triangle another try
from Inyokern (please... leave me room for an 11:30am takeoff

Walt Rogers, WX

I don't see the same outstanding conditions when reviewing the NAM
blipmap, especially for going north towards Minden. Bases only 15-16K,
lots of moisture with potential for overcast and OD and stronger wind
to the north. Could still be good but probably not as good as it was
the last few days.

Ramy