Old January 31st 21, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Anonymous[_23_]

Default USA automated panel-cutting service?

Dave Nadler wrote:
On 1/30/2021 5:39 PM, Anonymous wrote:
In the past I’ve used ponoko to laser cut an aluminum template from my cad
model. It’s really a SVG file they need for closed path tracing. They’re
reasonably priced since you do all the hard work ahead of time. They just
cut material and ship to you.

Once received just a matter of mounting to your panel and then cutting with
your favorite fine cutter.

Britton

Interesting. If you're going to go the template route, why wouldn't you
use a thicker material (acrylic?) to make using a router easier?

I believe I used what they offered at the time. They possibly have more
options now. But agreed in the thought. My panel came out nice so I’m
happy.

Aside: interesting that I show up as ‘anonymous’ while replying through
this NewsTap iPhone app. Will look into it. Other than that I like the
newsreader app.

Back to the real conversation now, whatever gets the job done and end user
is satisfied.

Britton