Old January 31st 21, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default USA automated panel-cutting service?

I like your multiple label plastic overlay. That sucker isn't going to curl up and fall off in
the heat!

Eric

Matt Herron Jr. wrote on 1/31/2021 10:42 AM:
I looked through that list of avionics and didn't find much that a glider pilot would be interested in. However, when I re-did my asw27b panel I modeled all the instruments in Solidworks. This would include the Trig t-22 head and body, Flarm core, ASI (large), card compass, LNAV V80, Oudie, etc. zip files an be downloaded he https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n1j67ov2a...3qmfA-kHa?dl=0 if you are interested.

Matt

On Sunday, January 31, 2021 at 9:55:27 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Saturday, January 30, 2021 at 11:22:48 PM UTC-6, 2G wrote:
On Saturday, January 30, 2021 at 5:31:52 PM UTC-8, jfitch wrote:
Waterjet will work fine, but will create blisters of delam local to the pierce location. What this ...
Solidworks does have a steep learning curve, but it is worth it. There are numerous online training videos that help a lot. Once proficient at it you can create virtually any kind of part you can think of, either machined out of solid material or made by 3D rendering machines.

Tom

Another CAD package you can use that is FREE is ONSHAPE (onshape.com/en). It also has a bit of a learning curve (all capable CAD programs do) but for jobs of limited complexity, such as a console, you can use onshape free.

Rich L.