Old September 13th 08, 05:18 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Raymond O'Hara

Default Hurricane Ike - Be careful out there and God bless

"Dan" wrote in message
David E. Powell wrote:
On Sep 12, 11:28 pm, "Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!"
wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in

Bede is right, hope all RSPWers, RAM/RAMN/SMNers and AFTSers get
through this OK and with minimal damages.
Apparently the NWS has asked people who don't evacuate to write their
Social
Security number on their arm...

Umm... tell 'em, Ron:

DAMN!!!

OUCH. The History Channel did a documentary on the big Galveston storm
of about 100 years ago called "Isaac's Storm" and that was pretty
scary. If this is even close to that I don't envy the people staying
there. Hope they (and these reporters) have tall concrete buildings*
to get to when it starts getting really bad. Even then, windows can
blow out, etc. and it can turn into a really wet wind tunnel.

LG (wishes them well)

Word.

--
Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. - Henry
Ford

*With good, deep, solid foundations.

When the dust settles there should be a panel to determine which of the
rescued who didn't evacuate did so voluntarily. Those who refused to
evacuate should be made to reimburse the rescuers. I save my best wishes
for those who deserve it. Those who couldn't evacuate for legitimate
reasons shouldn't be made to reimburse the rescuers.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

i know in the white mountains they charge fool hikers who need to be
rescued in the winter.