Old November 20th 03, 01:08 PM
Kyler Laird

Larry Dighera writes:

I'm trying to figure out the advantage of the motorcycle-style
seating. There certainly appears to be plenty of aircraft
ahead of the rider. 'seems like a good place for the pilot's
feet.

So you would agree, that the astride-a-rocket external seating design
is unworkable?

No, just ridiculous.

On a motorcycle, it makes sense to scrunch one's body into that
shape to fit nicely astride the engine, and it's not a huge problem
to be unable to look up (or comfortably look forward).

This thing, in comparison, is huge. You could still be "astride-a-
rocket" with your feet and face forward. The difference in comfort,
vision, and control would be immense.

I would expect that a suitable harness could be fabricated to retain
the pilot.

That'd be interesting. Would it lock the pilot in a humped-back
position? If so, it'll be awfully uncomfortable and restrictive for
landings. If not, that first time you stretch up in a 300MPH wind
should be quite an experience.

--kyler