Old July 17th 03, 03:43 PM
Ron Natalie

"James M. Knox" wrote in message ...

No... it's not uncommon in Texas small towns to have the fuel phone number
go either to the police station, the court house, or the local cafe.

We called the number on the door of the (vacant) FBO in Ohio and we got some
dentist. We asked where we should park and he said just put it in any empty
hangar.

OTOH, I've also called the local police about the airport and been asked
"We have an airport?"

We asked for a cab to the airport once. They tried to convince us that it was
going to be very expensive. We thought this odd, and then we found out they
thought we wanted to go to Indianapolis (nearest airport with airlines), and we
just wanted to go across town to the local airport.