Old August 10th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default OLV GPS 36 approach question

wrote:
Your example #1 is irrelevant because the airway is not part of your
clearance.

Neither was the feeder route (arrival sector) with the OP. He was
cleared direct to an IAF, not via the arrival sector (feeder route).

Would your opinion change if the OP had been cleared direct to the IAF
at 2,100, yet approach clearance were withheld until he arrived there?

Your example #2 is difficult to envision happening

Happened to me quite a few times practicing local approaches.

We all have different experiences. ;-)

I just hate seeing any of this stuff causing pilots to have to sort
through complexities than can result in tripping situational awareness
or minimum safe altitudes.