Old January 20th 10, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kd6veb

Default PLASTIC FAA AIRMANS CERTIFICATE

Hi Gang
My experience yesterday in requesting the plastic certificate.
Firstly they made me open an account with the FAA with name and
password ( which they supplied) and after signing on I changed
password to my choice. I confirmed they had all my info correct and
signed up for a new certificate. This cost $2 with VISA. They
requested info on my Nevada driving license for a picture which I gave
them and I should receive the new plastic certificate in 2 weeks. I
assume that the Nevada DMV will supply the FAA with a copy of my
driving license picture but maybe not. That's about it
Dave