Old July 8th 10, 05:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

Default Guess who's coming to town?

In article ,
"The Good Poster" wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 08:08:22 +0100, "Neil Hoskins"
wrote:

C5A Galaxy? They had one of these open to the public at an airshow I went
to once. It was a horrible rainy day so about a hundred thousand people
sheltered under the wings and about another half million inside. Awesome
machine.

C-17A Globemaster III. From the 62 AW based at Joint Base Lewis
McChord.

The President is in town today. I am told this big guy brought his
helicopter.

When I worked for Lockheed, overlooking Moffett Field, we could always
tell when the President was coming to town.

Usually, a C-5 or two C-141s would land two days before and disgorge
limosines (Usually SUVs), helos, security teams, etc.

Once, both Clinton and Gore, along with the Russian VP came in, so there
was a separate advance effort for each.

Just think about the costs whenever the President goes traveling!