Old June 15th 19, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Nearest Location

If there is any sailplane activity in Knoxville, I would be very interested in knowing about it.

Matt, Unfortunately there is no longer any training in Knoxville. Chilhowee will probably be the closest spot and they are great.

There used to be Smoky Mountain Soaring and we had training, but we no longer have a 2 seater.

There are a few of us that fly single seat ships out of Knoxville Downtown Island airport, a couple of 2 seat touring motor gliders, a couple of pure gliders, and I have a self launch single seat DG400.

I would highly recommend either Chilhowee, Chilhowee.com, with Sarah and Jason, they have a bunk house and discuss with them if you want to do a concentrated course, or go to Seminole Lake Gliderport in Clearmont FL. They have several apartments set up and also do concentrated courses.

Fell free to call me is you like. (eight six five) two one six - three four five nine

Kevin Anderson
92