Old November 12th 03, 09:59 PM
Tom S.

"Potential Bo Buyer" wrote in message
om...

Are the Lancair Columbia and Cirrus SR22 substitute products for the
4-place Bonanzas?

Yes, in the same sense that Honda Hybrids are replacements for the Accord.

(For the sake of this post V35B's and F33A's are 4
place not 6 place airplanes. Keep it real.) To be honest, if I had
300K + in my budget I would probably evaluate the Columbia and SR22
first before considering a Bonanza. After all, they're faster with
fixed gear, won't corrode, have modern avionics and are 30 years newer
than the Bonanzas I'm considering.

And a lot more expensive. Also, check the accident reports for Cirrus
compared to the F33A.

It looks as if the once assumed appreciation rate for Bonanzas is in
for a big change. Agree? Thoughts?

Bonanza's, being a proven product (in contrast with Cirrus and Lancair) will
be around after many of us are dead and gone.

Right now I'm this "........." close to buying a 1992 F33A and adding a
Tornado Alley Whirlwind to it. The cost will be about $255K, barely enough
to touch a Lanc or Cirrus.

The accident reports, particularly Cirrus, keep me at bay.
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp