Old March 27th 19, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Aerobatic Glider Accident Video

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 10:21:05 AM UTC-7, George Haeh wrote:
The report notes that many similar flights had been done previously. When the margins are that thin, the day usually comes when the margins are blown.

The VNE exceedance shown in a frame grab from a previous flight makes me wonder if the Blanik that lost a wing had been subjected to similar abuse.

If you have never been to an Eastern block country: (1)you should go, (2) I have never noticed rules to be of much use in general. Aviation might be every different, but the people are wonderful.