Old March 22nd 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Radio crystals

Who said Jim was a mean old coot?

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
.. .
Jer/

I've got two of them that came in April 1987 for "fixing". I've made
repeated attempts to contact the former owner with zero results. If you
want them, they are yours (I suspect the statute of limitations has long
since run its course). Some fellow over in Minden.

THey both have four channels installed. .3 and .5 plus 122.8 plus one
other I don't recall. The only caveat is that if Rip Van Winkle wakes up
and wants his radios back in 2007, you two get to fight it out. The odds
are slim to zero.

I have no idea what is wrong with them, whether or not they've been
internally "enhanced" by Diddle and his friends, or anything else about
them. They have been ridden hard and put away wet -- they are pretty
scratched up, some of the lamp lenses are missing, and that sort of thing.
We still have most of the parts for these boat anchors, so when you get
them, if you want to make a parts list, I'll pull what I've got and send
it to you IF you send me a flattened box large enough to hold the parts,
self addressed and stamped. One of those post office Priority Mail All
You Can FIt In For One Price boxes would probably do the job.

I will also loan you the world's last known copy of the
instruction/assembly/overhaul manual for these two turkeys. If you will
either copy it (or even better -- scan it) and send it back when you are
done, I'll do that too. I'd appreciate the scanned files so that I can
post them on the RST fixit page on the website. Feel free to destaple,
scan, and restaple the original.

If you feel the need to compensate somebody for whatever these old things
are worth, send a donation to Young Eagles in RST's name. Whatever.

Jim

wrote in message ...
Not to Jim specifically, but all in general.

This thread remineded me that I'm still looking for 2 RST 6-channel
radios for my gliderport. 123.3 and 123.5 are the useful frequencies.
Does anyone have any of these fine radios they are willing to
part with for a reasonable (cheap) cost? :-)