Old August 11th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default aopa flight planner access problems

I checked with AOPA and the tech guy was very helpful. Turns out it has
something to do with the Firefox browser on my system. It used to work, but
now doesn't, perhaps because of a version change. I can still get in with
another brand browser.

Ross, I'm not comfortable with giving others automatic access to my
accounts. Yes, it is convenient, but I like staying in control. I wish
they would keep track of which of us ignore the renewal notices until the
last month of our membership and send out notices accordingly instead of
several months in advance, wasting time and money on unproductive mailings.
--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/
"Ross" wrote in message
Mike Noel wrote:
Using this flight planner has become a regular part of my preflight prep.

My membership expires at the end of this month. I sent in my renewal
about a week ago. I noticed on Thursday I had lost access to the flight
planner application just after getting a renewal reminder pop-up and I
still don't have access. Has this happened to anyone else?

I hope it was just a coincidence. If not, I think aopa is shooting
themselves in the foot.
--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/

Why not use the automatic renewal via your credit card. I have for years
and it saves you some on your dues. I have been a consistent member since
1970. Although I cannot fly anymore (by myself) will stay a member as long
as I live. BTW. I still liked the simple DUATS for the web. No weather
overlays, but it was simple to use and gave you everything these more
sophisticated ones due. http://www.duats.com/duats.cgi. I did have a
problems with DUATS Golden Eagle as it provided some strange routings that
the FAA computers did not.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP