Old May 10th 05, 08:00 PM
Jose

I was in an airplane crash in February.
Not piloting.
I am a student pilot and I'm trying to get over what happened.
Anything from people who have been in my situation is greatly needed.
I need to know if what i'm going through right now is normal, need some
one to talk to who understands.

I assume you are already seeking professional counselling, and are
looking in Usenet for some additional support or information. If you
are depending on usenet for primary support, this is a mistake. Find a
professional counselor of some sort. A professional has some tools that
we don't. The right professional is also someone you can trust with
thoughts you wouldn't want to post to the whole world permanently.

That said, and mindful that anything posted is worldwide and permanent,
it's hard to gauge whether "what you're going through" is normal,
without knowing what you're going through, and what happened. It is
normal to go through a lot of intense feelings for any traumatic event,
especially one in which one might (even erroniously) feel that they
might have influenced the outcome for the better, but didn't.

I have never been in a plane crash (though I've been in a car crash). I
don't know how much I can add, but I'll say what I can. Which right now
isn't much. :/

You should also ensure that what you say online is ok to say from a
legal and insurance point of view - that it doesn't compromise an
investigation or the legal standing of the pilot or anyone else. You
can talk to a counselor in confidence, but you can't come online in
confidence that what you say remains private.

Again, mindful of that, what happened? It will be helpful in finding
people here for whom something like that also happened, who can share
their thoughts.

Jose