Old January 24th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

Default Beware travelers with bratty kids

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can't get your kid to behave on a plane? There's always Trailways...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16773655/?GT1=8921

Hooray for AirTran! As the father of two, I know kids can be a
hand-full at times -- but there is no excuse for a tantrum that delays
an entire planeload of paying customers. If the airlines would all
stop putting up with this kind of crap, commercial flying would be a
bit more palatable for us all.

Now if only they would stop serving the lard-butt behemoths that
oooooze across the armrests -- or at least make them buy two seats (or
a wider First Class seat) -- I *might* consider flying commercial
again.

On the issue of lard butt passengers, on a flight we took over Christmas, we
saw a huge couple in line to enter the people-tube we were riding. Kelly
commented that she would hate to be assigned to sit next to them.
Fortunately, we didn't suffer that fate - the two of them were seated a
couple of rows in front of us, and across the aisle. One of them took the
aisle seat and the other took the window seat, leaving the middle seat for
ooooze room. About that time, another grossly obese individual boarded the
airplane, walked down the aisle, compared seat assignments with the already
seated large people, and had one of 'em move to the center seat, so the
third big 'un could sit on the aisle. I have not seen so much pressing of
the flesh since an election year. I was surprised the arm rest along the
aisle could take that much side load...

KB

--
Jay Honeck